March 6, 2008



Introducing...

"Tenaya"


We have been noticing over the past several months how much Emily is obsessed with dogs. So, I started talking to Daniel about maybe getting one. :O) Then we went to Cali and all Emily wanted to do was play with Nonie and Papa's dogs and Uncle Brad and Aunt Sarah's dog, so we started thinking that maybe our time had come to add a dog to our family.

After several weeks of looking for the right dog (I swear I have looked at EVERY dog in WA and OR), we found our match.


We found Tenaya (previously known as "Kativa") at the Kent Animal Shelter and fell in love. She is about 3 years old and is a black lab. She was actually brought to the shelter because "she was too nice"! This is what the records said!!! Can you believe it?!?! She also had been taken by the Kent Police to be a drug sniffing dog, however they felt that she was too laid back! I love it!


We brought her home this afternoon and she is awesome! She is so sweet and very trusting. She allowed Daniel and I to give her a bath this evening and just complied without any complaints. She was hilarious when she got out of the bath. She was a new gal! Since she was wet I just couldn't let her go outside (right?), so bless my husband's heart, he let me keep her in as long as she stayed laying down. Sure enough she has done just that! She is very obedient. I am very impressed.


Bandit, however, is not so impressed. His poor little world has been rocked! He is not a fan and after a very close encounter with Tenaya, I think he is currently residing upstairs.

Needless to say, Emily is so happy. She was so excited and cute today. She didn't want to come inside to eat; she just wanted to play.

6 comments:

Melissa Guay said...

Wow, you did it!! How fun Shirley -she's very cute! Emily must be beside herself with joy. :)

The Nadeau Family said...

Yeah!!! I am so glad you got her! Emily will love having her! Congrats on the new addition!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your newest Casey! She looks really sweet and sounds great too! You are all going to have lots of fun! I'm excited for all of you. I'd really love to meet her (Sundance does too :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You guys are all going to have lots of fun. She looks cute and sounds great! I'd like to meet her sometime (so does Sundance).

Judy said...

Emily, Uncle Clark and I are so happy for you. Tenaya is very pretty and looks like lots of fun. Does she like to fetch balls? I saw your dress for the wedding and you are going to be beautiful. See you at Dawnel and Ben's Wedding. Aunt Judy

The Coatney's said...

Oh! She's so pretty! Congratulations! We love dogs, I'm so excited for you. and for Emily! I bet she is beside herself! We really need to get together, it's been like a lifetime!