November 25, 2008

He's Here!!!!!

Wyatt Raymond Casey








.
Wyatt was born today at 4:12pm.
He weighed 8lbs 12.6oz and was 21.25" long.


He is very healthy and had no complications. We went into labor at 3:00am this morning and left for the hospital around 5:00. We were admitted quickly and labor progressed smoothly. We started pushing at 2:15 and had some delays due to the strength of the epidural. We let the epidural wear off and started pushing again at around 4:00. He came quickly and smoothly and we were holding our beautiful baby boy just a few minutes later.

His big sister Emily, Nonnie, Grandma, Grandpa, WA based Aunts and Uncle, and one close friend were waiting in the waiting room. Everyone got a chance to hold him and take a lot of pictures. It is 8:00 now, the family has left and we are settled into our hospital room for the night. For us, this day has been a long time coming. Everything went smoother than we could have hoped and we couldn't be happier.

Here's a quick clip of Wyatt. We'll update more soon.

13 comments:

The Nadeau Family said...

Shirley!!! I am soo glad too finally see him! YOu are right; he does look like Emily! What a handsome litle prince! I can't wait to meet! Love you guys!!!

Jane Anne said...

OH! I am so, so, soooo excited for you!!! I love the pictures. He is precious!! The one with Emily is priceless. The video was great- love hearing his little newborn cry! Congratulations to you and to the whole family.

The Mobergs said...

Congratulations, we're are glad to hear things went well. Can wait to meet him.

Melissa Guay said...

So so happy for you guys, he is just beautiful! And he looks just like his 4D ultrasound....and quite the spitting image of big sister!!! What a sweet, sweet baby!

The Four Cars said...

We are so thrilled to welcome the newest member of the family! He is beautiful and can't wait to meet him! Love you all...Aunt Tana

Auntie Lu said...

Yay another Casey Baby!!!!! I can't wait to meet the little guy! Love ya'll. Love, Chelsernelser

Kimberly said...

Congratulations!!!! What a cutie and I have to agree - my first thought was how much he resembles Emily!!!

Missy said...

Congratulations!
He is beautiful!

Heidi said...

Congrats you guys!!! It is such an amazing part of life having that newborn to love and hold!! Enjoy every minute of it!! What a special Thanksgiving!=0)

Anonymous said...

Shirley- I HADto post a comment on this wonderful occasion of the birth of your beautiful little son, Wyatt Raymnd. He certainly resembles big sister Emily! I am so happy for all of you and I am praising the Lord. He is soooo good!!
Love and best wishes to all of you,
LaVonne
P.S. A LOT has happened since you were a freshman in college!!

Heather said...

We just returned from vacation and I was thinking about you and wondering if little Wyatt had made his appearance while we were gone. Wow- what a cutie, and he sure does resemble his big sis! Congratulations, what a blessing.
Love, Heather I.

Anonymous said...

wow... what a beautiful present for Thanksgiving!! Talk about being thankful this Thanksgiving! I love him already and I haven't even held him yet. We love you with all our heart! congraduations!Auntie Dawnel & Uncle Ben

Unknown said...

Congrats, Shirly. So happy for you for a beatiful, healthy baby!