June 9, 2008

Apparently we need a swimming pool...
So I was out cleaning out the car the other day and Emily was just playing around in the yard, when the next thing I know she goes zipping past me in her bathing suit. Now mind you it was not particularly warm out only about 63 degrees. (To us Washingtonians that feels warm right now.)

Mommy: Emily, why do you have your bathing suit on?
Emily: I needed to wear it.

I didn't really stop to question her anymore and turned around for about another minute before deciding I should probably investigate further. Well, this is why Emily needed her bathing suit....
I was quite surprised to find her sitting and playing in the mud! I figured that I might as well let her have her fun for a few minutes. I warned her that this was a "once in a while" type of occasion and that she was going to get hosed off before she came in the house and took a bath. She agreed and was very shocked how cold the hose water was when I started hosing her down. I secretly had a lot of fun doing it! :O) Her reaction was very funny!

6 comments:

Jane Anne said...

That's hilarious! Good for her-- not afraid to get dirty. Good for you-- letting her have fun and then hosing her off! Seth often threatens to hose the boys off. It just seems like that hose water would be too, too cold here in the NW! Seth was hosed off numerous times as a child but it is much warmer in TN.

That picture is priceless!

The Nadeau Family said...

Funny girl!! Sometimes you've just gotta let them get down and dirty!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

How sad that our poor children think that 63 is summer weather. What's wrong with this place?!?! Yesterday it reached 64 here and Jaxon asked if he could run in the sprinklers. Maybe Emily should come over and play too!!

Anonymous said...

Shirley, I absolutely love the "in-the-womb" calendar!! There was no where to post under it, so hope this works. (: How exciting to know all the new things happening every day!!

Erin Jensen said...

Shirley - Just wanted to say congrats on the baby on the way!!! We are happy for you guys! Emily is adorable and will be a wonderful big sister I am sure! Take care of yourself!!!
Erin Jensen

Anonymous said...

That is too funny. don't you just love their ingenuity and spunk. So cute. I love the weather aspect too. All of our TX neighbors theink we are crazy when I let my kids run in the sprinkler when it is 78 degrees and they have their sweatshirts on.

I hope all is well with baby.